Guidelines for posting
Guidelines about posting stuff on the TWIN portal
While posting job ads
- Mention the location of the job
- Post only under the Content Category called "Job Posting". Please do not repeat the post at the TWIN Discussion Forums.
- Ensure that your system date is correct. If it is not, your job post may not:
- appear in the listings
- get tagged as "closed" even before being posted
While commenting on or asking questions about job postings
- Do not post your CV at this portal. Email or snail-mail the CV to the address given in the job ad. If the job ad does not have any address (email or postal), look for a "Submit an application" link at the bottom of the job ad.
- If the job ad has a "Submit an application" link, use it. All logged-in registered users can submit applications through this "Submit an application" link.
- If, even after looging in, you do not see any contact details or any "Submit an application" link, only then write a comment asking for contact.
- If there is already a comment that is similar to the one that you are thinking of posting, please don't post. Such "me-too" comments consume internet resources.
While posting to the Training Courses section
- Post your training course only once. You can post the courses more than once only if you are staring a new batch on a specific date.
- Do not use ALL CAPS in your subject field and text matter. The computer may think your posts is a spam post.
While writing to your blog
Do not post queries. Blogs are meant to hold your thoughts, experiences, musings, etc. but not queries. Please use the TWIN Discusson Forums to post queries.
While creating new topics at the TWIN Discussion Forum
Please choose only one of the forums mentioned in the list below. Please do not put anything directly under "TWIN Discussion Forum"; it only increases my work (coz I'll have to shift things around).
How you specify the forum? Just choose it from the drop-down list labelled "Forums" (you'll find it right under the "Subject" field when you create a new topic).
While posting comments
If there's already a comment that is similar to yours, please don't post. Such "me-too" comments consume internet resources. I have started deleting all such comments (example: dozens of "please give location" for one job post).
While generally posting
Do not offer to exchange information through email. If anything is worth exchanging, we encourage you to post the material at this site. To see the categories you can post under, look at the left sidebar, under Content, once you log in.
While generally talking
The following list gives pointers to what to avoid while posting stuff on this portal. Such stuff will be deleted as soon as I set my eyes on them.
- Queries soliciting feedback on specific companies, institutes, training courses, and individuals, and comments replying to such queries.
- Copyrighted stuff, lifted outright without permission.
- Posts on your TWIN blog that contain almost nothing except a link to any of your other blogs outside TWIN (hey, c'mon, we want you to write HERE as well).
- Comments about named individuals, named entities, or, even un-named ones if, by reading the post, a reader can make a calculated guess as to the identify of the person or entity being commented upon.
- Generally disrespectful language or behaviour towards any individual, body, group, country, language, religion....you get the drift.
- Stuff that does not have the vaguest connection whatsoever to technical writing.
What not to do
- Do not post your training courses under Events. Training courses go under Training Courses.
- Do not use the comment feature of any post to advertise for your training institute. Training courses go under Training courses.
- Do not post queries and discussion topics on your blog. Use the appropriate sections in the discussion forums.
- Do not use blogs as placeholders for useful links, books, tutorials, FAQs etc. We have separate dedicated pages for these.
- Do not post job ads in the Career section of discussion forums. Jobs ads go under Job Posting.
- Do not post your CVs on the portal. Submit them through the Submit link in the job ad.
- Do not date your posts with a future date. Ensure that your system date shows the "today" date.
Anything that does not conform to these guidelines will be removed from the site without further reference to the author.