Senior Technical Writer
Email to which resumes have to be sent
Plan, organize, write, and edit user manuals. Research engineering, interface design, design diagrams, etc. Help coordinate the layout and organization of user manuals. Acquire and organize basic source material, including applicable specifications, engineering write ups, and drawing packages. Solicit feedback from R&D and Applications engineers. Suggest documentation approaches and develop procedures to expedite and reduce cycle time. Learn about products through product use, interviewing developers, and reading engineering specifications.
Desired profile of the candidate
• B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com / B.E. degree in related field and/or related work experience or certificate in continuing education in this industry.
• PG - Integrated PG - Any Specialization, Journalism / Mass Communication, PR/ Advertising, English Literature
• Industry Proficiency (Software products)
• Have an excellent technical knowledge of the English language – written and spoken
• Proven ability with English spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and composition rules and a clear business/technical writing style.
• Possess in-depth understanding of telecom industries and experience in software documentation.
• Anticipates documentation issues and responds appropriately
• Demonstrated ability to implement documentation process.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Initiate and recommend creative ways to improve technical information deliverables and processes.
• A document writer produces factual information about products in a variety of formats, from instruction manuals to help desk material, frequently asked questions (FAQs), how-to's, fact sheets, technical specifications, and reference manuals.
• Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Word and documentation tools
• Develop and update written information for our products that aid in their development, use, and support.
• Outputs will include a range of documents and online text to be read by both technical and non-technical personnel across all departments.
• Deliver documentation on time and with the highest quality attainable within the parameters of the project adhering to all department processes, standards, and templates.
• Gather all pertinent functional and technical information from different sources and understand product functionality.
• Design, implement internal documentation process, standards and long term documentation strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements.
• Ability to work under tight time frames.
• Ensuring that the documentation is of high quality and adheres to standards and guidelines.
• Vast experience in research through hands-on use of the products and applications.
Must have the mentioned degree with 5 years of relevant experience. Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable disciplines along with a working knowledge of multiple related fields. Ability to consistently meet deadlines and works both independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of Adobe Robohelp is a must. You will also be required to provide work samples and undergo a writing test. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.