EMC Data Storage Systems needs Technical Writers / Sr. Technical Writers
Email to which resumes have to be sent
Contract: Senior Writer – 1; Technical Writers – 2
Permanent: Senior Writer – 1; Technical Writer -1
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the subject if you are applying for contract or permanent position.
The writer is responsible for developing, researching, writing, and updating documentation in a variety of formats and media.
The writer is responsible for producing documentation deliverables that are complete, technically accurate, and meet the needs of the target audience.
This role has the following main duties and responsibilities:
• Research, develop, write, and review product documentation, alone and in collaboration with manager and other writers.
• Anticipates issues and addresses proactively
• Independently plans, coordinates and executes documentation projects under only very general direction
• Interview production and engineering team and read artifacts and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• Responsible for the creation and/or revision of hardware or software product documentation, which includes installation, operation and maintenance instructions and other technical publications such as technical advisories and release notes.
• Ensure the technical accuracy, quality, clarity and completeness of the entire documentation set relating to a product release.
The following skills are essential for the role:
• Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
• 2-5 years of technical writing experience, preferably in product documentation.
• Demonstrated mastery of U.S. English grammar and writing style. Proven ability to analyze large amounts of technical product information and present relevant information to users clearly and concisely, using consistent terminology and style. Writing samples are required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and without ambiguity.
• Ability to obtain information from written technical specifications as well as interviewing technical experts.
• Ability to function efficiently and calmly under time pressure, and to manage time to deliver documentation according to an established schedule.
• Ability and desire to collaborate with others on interactive documentation and development teams.
• Strong knowledge and writing experience using tools such as Framemaker, Dreamweaver, Robohelp, Eclipse Help, Adobe Acrobat.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast moving, high technology product development environment. Ability to adapt to rapid change and use new working methods and tools.
• Proactive self-starter, delivery focused, results orientated, collaborative team player, high professional standards and work ethic.