Sr Technical Writer
Email to which resumes have to be sent
We are looking for an experienced self motivated technical writer who is passionate about writing, technology, people and quality to shape our technical content. The writer will work with engineers and technical writers in India, the US and Canada to deliver world class documentation. This is a great opportunity to learn about virtual storage technologies and be a part of revolutionizing the next generation data center.
Writes, edits, and revises documentation for product development, support services, and customer/end-user activities.
Retrieves, organizes, analyzes and synthesizes complex subject matter and transforms it into easy-to-understand information for specific audiences.
Employs various authoring and desktop publishing software tools to produce finished products that include printed or electronic publications and integrated online help systems.
Delivers accurate and timely documentation.
Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Creates and/or revises hardware or software product documentation, including installation, operation and maintenance instructions and other technical publications such as technical advisories and release notes.
Participates in the design and development of documentation presentation, distribution systems, and existing processes, recommending solutions and improvements.
Plans, coordinates and executes documentation projects under minimal direction.
Anticipates issues and addresses them proactively.
Represents the organization on project teams while fostering teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
Exerts sphere of influence outside of work group or department.
Seeks customer input and takes responsibility for customer situations, (internal and external customers).
• Proven expertise using Adobe Framemaker
• Superior English language skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Storage technologies is a plus
• Editorial experience is a plus
• At least 6 years of experience with User guides and Manuals
• At least 3 years of experience dealing with documentation for Enterprise products
• Prior experience working in SCRUM teams is desirable
• Experience with Robohelp is a plus
• Experience as an illustrator and with illustration tools is a plus