Product Information Specialist (Instructional Designer)
Email to which resumes have to be sent
No. of vacancies: 1
The candidate should be highly productive and extremely self-driven. Must have experience developing and publishing technical training courses. Must be familiar with editing, writing and publishing technical and end-user documentation.
The writer should be able to gather inputs from various sources and produce technical documents such as:
• Training Courses
• Product walkthroughs
• Computer Based Trainings (CBTs)
• User Manuals
• Online help
• Product presentations
• Creating and updating training material.
• Working on Product Information deliverables and updating documentation for new releases.
• Designing engaging course components such as practical exercises and demonstrations.
• Working closely with Engineering teams to obtain product information and creating training development plans.
• Drafting and writing conceptual information, task-based product documentation, and reference material on tight deadlines for a highly technical audience.
• Designing the layout and format of course documents when necessary.
• Taking ownership of multiple writing projects simultaneously.
• Significant experience with Computer Based Training and Web Based Training development will be highly preferred.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be eager to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment at the same time being a competent individual contributor.
• Position requires problem-solving, self-starter who requires minimal oversight, ability to be proactive under pressure, flexibility, and good follow-through skills.
• Should have 2 – 6 years of experience developing training courses or technical documentation for an IT audience.
• Should have hands on experience in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Framemaker, RoboHelp, SnagIT, Camtasia etc.
• Should be familiar with authoring tools such as Authorware, graphic tools – Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop/ Macromedia Fireworks, CorelDraw.
• Knowledge of developing XML-based documentation.
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in English Literature/Journalism/Mass Communication/Technical Communications/Science)/MBA/MCA/B.E