Email to which resumes have to be sent
As Technical Editor you will copy edits, rewrite, authenticate and improve layout of technical documentation for use by multiple functions within the organization including Engineering, Field Support, Sales, and Marketing, as well as NetApp customers who use NetApp products and services. You will utilize strong interpersonal skills by working with multiple internal clients across functions.
- Copy edit multiple documentation sets for all product lines which may include:
- Marketing collateral , Solution Briefs
- Application papers
- Product and Solution Deployment and Implementation documents.
- Data Sheets
- Specification books
- Receives texts from technical staff and recommends new designs, layouts and procedures as needed.
- Implement style guidelines in established style sheets.
- Work with senior level editors to create new style sheets.
- Perform development edits.
- Schedules multiple deliverables across multiple projects.
- Provide time estimation on completion of deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammatical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment including managers, other editors and writers, and cross functional peers to support deadlines.
- Knowledge of Acrobat Pro/VISIO/MS Word/ HTML/MS PowerPoint
-Prior experience in IT domain is preferred.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual must work effectively with staff to vice-president level employees within the function, and the technical, writing team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on technical writing/ Editing
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience as an editor or writer is required.
- A Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree, or equivalent experience is required. Fields of study preferred are English, Journalism, Writing, Grammar or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Framemaker and Desktop Publishing is desired.
- Engineering background is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex projects.