Information required on Context Sensitive help
Hi,in one of my forthcoming projects, i am required to create a context sensitive help (something i have not done in the past). I would like to invite suggestions on how to go about it. How difficult or easy is it and are there any samples available online to view any application that has used CSH?
There are quite a few requirements here, such as,
1. it should be Launched from the information icon
2. Context sensitive help will be part of a larger web-based Help System for the application.
3. It should be possible to go through this Help from the TOP (index page), without even going into a specific screen
4. One should be able to Search across the complete Help System
5. It should have separate Sections
-- Purpose of the screen
-- Description of key fields
6. Related links
7. Toolbar to go Back, Next, Top
8. Search within page
9. Role based Help pages
If i am not mistaken, tools like Robohelp and flare are used in creating CSH.
Any additional information on this would be most appreciated.
I am working on a Context Sensitive Help for a web application and using Adobe Robohelp 9 for the same. The web help is almost ready, I have created topics, generated Map IDs for the topics. Now I want to test the help file on a local web server (we are using Apache TomCat for this purpose) .
I followed the instructions given on
to generate and publish the web-help, but I got an error "unable to publish " descriptive name of the folder".
The reason behind this error was connection failure.
Now the developer is also not able to identify the problem in connection.
Please guide me to overcome this problem.